Programs and Events
Celebrating Women in Farming Conference (Readymade Hall)
October 12 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pmFree – $30.00
Date: Thursday, October 12th
Time: 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Location: Readymade Hall (SW 1/4 2-9-19 W of 4 90005 Hwy 512)
***To purchase tickets call (403) 795-4627 or scroll down***
Tickets: $30.00 per person
- Catered lunch provided.
- Childcare available (ages 3+, 18 spots).
- Door prizes.
- Relaxation stations (mini-massages, etc.)
Join us for a fun-filled day to celebrate and appreciate women in agriculture. This conference will provide you with an opportunity to connect with women who relate to the joys and challenges of working/living on a farm.
The conference will feature a keynote address from Billi J. Miller, an avid storyteller and an Albertan author. Drawing from dozens of interviews with women in farming telling their stories, Billi’s keynote will highlight the remarkable roles of women and the extraordinary life that family farms have to offer.
This conference is organized by the Farm Family Outreach team within Barons-Eureka-Warner Family and Community Support Services who provide system navigation support and resources to farm families in rural southern Alberta. This event is made possible through the financial contribution of the Canadian Red Cross and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- 9:30-10:00 am: Doors open, snacks, tea, and coffee provided.
- 10:00-10:30 am: FCSS provides opening remarks.
- 10:30-12:00 pm: Keynote address and Q&A from Billi J. Miller
- 12:00-1:00 pm: Catered lunch provided by LA Chefs.
- 1:00-2:00 pm: Diana Ward – Leadership Coach
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Relaxation Stations – Massage Therapy!