Seniors’ Week has been recognized across Alberta since 1986 and will be celebrated again this year from June 5th to 11th. This is a time to celebrate seniors and show appreciation for the many contributions they make to our communities and families.
FCSS is inviting seniors to come celebrate Seniors’ Week at Coyote Flats (Prairie Tractor and Engine Museum) in Picture Butte on Thursday June 8th. Seniors are invited to wear western attire for a good old-fashioned hoedown with lunch and music. Prizes will be awarded to the best-dressed cowboy and cowgirl. Admission to the event is $5 and seniors can register before June 5th by calling 587-370-8515.
The FCSS Senior Services teams offers no charge support services to seniors in Barnwell, Barons, Coaldale, Coalhurst, Lethbridge County, County of Warner, Coutts, Milk River, M.D. of Taber, Nobleford, Picture Butte, Raymond, Stirling, Taber, Vauxhall, and Warner including –
- Annual Seniors Conferences, which provide seniors with an opportunity to learn, laugh, and connect with resources in their community.
- Workshop/Seminars: Presentations are provided on a wide range of prevention topics to support everyday wellness.
- Income Tax Support: Trained volunteers offer free assistance to individuals and families with modest incomes and simple tax situations who meet the income criteria.
- Information and Support: Seniors, families, and caregivers can receive information on a variety of resources including personal directives, Alberta Seniors benefits, and special needs assistance for seniors.
- Referral: If the FCSS Senior Services team is not able to help you directly, they will find an organization who can!
For more information about FCSS Senior Services and upcoming events, contact Renee White at 587-370-8515 or visit our website: www.fcss.ca
Senior Services Coordinator