Triple P aims to prevent behavioural, emotional, and developmental problems in children (ages 2-16) by enhancing the knowledge, skills, and confidence of parents. The best thing about Triple P is that it is not a ‘one-size fits all’ program. You choose how much positive parenting you need and the format. For example:
- Support groups;
- Private one-on-one meetings;
- Large group seminars;
- Or at home online (TripleP-Parenting.ca).
Triple P helps parents/caregivers with the following:
- Managing your child’s behaviour;
- Setting family routines and rules;
- Balancing work and family life and stress;
- Raising happy and confident children;
- Building healthy family and peer relationships.
To learn more, call (403) 795-3328 or go to the Triple P website, TripleP-Parenting.ca.
Did you know that Triple P is one of the few parenting programs in the world that has been scientifically proven to work? More than 35 years of research shows Triple P’s practical strategies help families in all types of situations around the world. Triple P has been cited in reports by bodies such as the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the United Nations.